- RML respects your privacy.
- This notice provides highlights of our full Privacy Statement and applies to RML’s collection and handling of your personal information.
- We are committed to providing a secure, user controlled environment to access and explore your health information.
- When you sign up for our service, RML collects and stores Account Information about you, including, but not limited to your name and address.
- When you attend the Programme, we may collect Socio-economic Information about you. This information is optional.
- We also collect Measurement Information like height, weight, eating habits, physical activity, etc. This information is essential to prove the effectiveness of the programme to you. However, you may choose to opt-out.
- We also collect non-personal information (browser types, domains, page views) on how you use our web site through log files, cookies and Google Analytics.
Uses of Information
- RML collects personal information from you to provide you with our service and for conducting RML-authorised research.
- We use Account Information to authenticate your website visits and usage.
- We may use the information we collect to conduct RML-authorised scientific research and development. We may provide third party organisations access to this information for scientific research, programme development and continuous improvement, but without your name or any other information that could identify you.
- We may also pass your information to your GP or referring healthcare professional, with your consent
- We may also use your information to contact you about any information and/ or services that RML believes will help your health (for example, information about the government’s campaigns, or new research that sheds new light on the subject, RML newsletter, etc)
- We may also, at times, write to you to seek your feedback to make our offerings better. Participation is optional, and you will have a choice to opt-out.
- We will not release your personal information to any outside company without your explicit consent.
- If a council has funded your place on the programme they may contractually own your data. In such an instance RML will act as the Data Processor according to the Data Protection Act of 1988. At the end of the contract we will handover all information to the council and retain only anonymised Measurement and Socio-economic Information that will allow us to improve performance but not retain any of your personally identifiable data unless you give us permission to do so separately.
- We use non-personal information to track and monitor aggregate usage of our website and for internal analysis, quality control, and improvements to our services.
- Participation in activities and services that involve personal information beyond initial account and Measurement Information is voluntary and permission-based.
- It is entirely within your discretion to provide information or answer survey questions.
- At your request we will delete your account and personal information linked to your account from our systems. However, non-identifiable data already used in research may not be deleted.
- We encourage you to read RML’s full Privacy Statement.
How to Contact Us
- Questions about this statement, our full Privacy Statement, or about RML’s handling of your personal information may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to: 31 Amelia Street, London, SE17 3PY